Balsam Lake Dam
NORDIC Group was selected by the MnDNR and the Ecological Water Resources Division to rehabilitate the Balsam Lake Dam. The work included the encasement of the existing concrete foundations and wing walls, replacement of existing stop logs with permanent concrete weir, stone armored upstream and downstream banks, rehabilitated spillway, and the creation of a temporary river bypass around the dam during construction. The river bypass had its challenges and required a storm water analysis to determine the size of the bypass culvert. NORDIC Group monitored the upper pool levels and maintained the bypass for one month while reconstructing the dam.
- River Bypass to Dewater Dam
- Removal of Old Stoplog Systel
- Construction of New Concrete Weir
- Storm Water Analysis & Erosion Control
- Concrete Overlay on Existing Structures
- Armored Embankment Repair
Completed in 2017.