Lower Stewart River Repairs
NORDIC Group was selected by the Cook County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) as a qualified stream restoration contractor to repair damages from the flood of 2018. This project included channel shaping, harvested root wad, root wad replacement, rock structure creation and repairs, creation of J-hook and glide structures, native tree planting and seeding of disturbed areas. Project was funded through a grant from the Minnesota DNR. The project had difficult access and NORDIC Group utilized its specialty equipment to complete the project on time and to the client's expectations.
- 2,300 feet of Stream Channel Shaping and Complete Restoration Repairs
- Creation of Critical Fish Habitats
- Toe-wood Structures to Prevent Erosion
- J-hook Structures
- Rock Glide Structures (Rapids)
- Erosion Control Structures
- Planting of Trees and Native Grasses
Completed in 2019.